The University of Michigan, USA has announced a job vacancy for Patient Services Assistant. So if you are looking for a health-related job and feel you have the capability and potential to work in a quality organization, a job is waiting for you right below!
As a Patient Service Assistant, you will play a crucial role within our institution and try your best to provide high-quality services to the patients. In return, we will fulfil all your needs and help you in becoming a successful health employee. Join our institution today and start a brighten career!
Who Are We
The University of Michigan is a research university in the USA. It is one of the best public research universities in the world and is offering its services for decades. The Brighton Health Center is the medical clinic of this institution and offers a wide variety of healthcare services.
The Brighton Health Center has a friendly and diverse environment and as a patient services assistant, you’ll find a great team to work with. This institution has the goal of serving the public in the highest quality.
What you have to do
As a Patient Services Assistant at the University of Michigan, USA, you must have the ability and skills to perform the given responsibilities:
- Scheduling and evaluating appointments in MiChart, either on the telephone or during check-in and check-out processes
- Handling the financial documents and managing the payments from patients
- Determining the requirements of the patients and necessities during emergency conditions
- Collaborating with patients, physicians, and other staff members and facilitating referral requests, return visits, and scheduling of services
- Having the ability to handle telephone calls and answer their queries regarding Brighton health Center practice, physicians, referrals, and other authorizations
- Understanding with other departments within the Michigan Medicine
- High School Diploma and experience of 0-2 years
- Having good telephone skills and effective demonstration
- Ability to explain the concept and goal of the institution to the customers in a proper way
- Show a positive and professional attitude while interacting with patients or staff faculty
- Skills and flexibility to handle workplace issues
- Have the urge to learn new and efficient ways to accomplish work in a better way
- Ability to deliver the work with maximum productivity and within the given deadline
- Punctual and attentive
- Organized and motivated to solve workplace issues in a cooperative and effective way
- Proper knowledge of third party procedures and policies
- Having the basic knowledge of various insurances
- Ability to understand medical terminology and processes
- Some experience in Outpatient Clinic
- Post: Patient Services Assistant
- Location: Michigan, United States of America
- Employment type: Full-time
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Department: Brighton Health Center, University of Michigan
- Salary: The salary will be paid according to the HHS starting salary guidelines.